Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ladybug invasion!

Since housework takes up much of the day of the typical stay at home mom, I've been digging in today as much as humanly possible. And because it's a beautiful Autumn day, we've been invaded by ladybugs. Egads, they're everywhere!

This is my preferred method of avoiding and getting rid of those pesky little buggers. And lady luck must be shining on me today, Gracie actually let me vacuum without too much of a fit. It was like the heavens opened and the angels sang!

I haven't had the chance to take lice or bug spray around to discourage ladybugs from entering just yet. Spraying down will be my next step. I just had to get those smelly ladybugs out of here before doing anything else. Those things are just plain disgusting!

With my efforts of vacuuming them up today, I have about a half a shop vac full of ladybugs. One other tip I've heard was to take a half cup or so of rubbing alcohol and when you find them, drop them right in. No muss, no fuss. That's probably what I will do with the ladybugs I find throughout the evening. 

  It figures. Mother Nature gives us a beautiful fall day, the sun is shining, the temperature just right. And in flies a ginormous swarm of ladybugs. Ick, ick, ick! Hopefully spraying down all the windows and doors will do the trick and they'll be nothing more than an unpleasant memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment