Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Extra Money With MTurk

So I've given Amazon Mechanical Turk a shot at making extra money on nights I'm not working, and it's not doing bad. In just a few hours I've made $34.79, and I've read in several forums for work at home moms that they really do pay out.

In a nutshell, the Amazon Mechanical Turk (or MTurk) service is a series of short jobs, or HITS (Human Intelligence Tasks) that just cannot be done by a computer, but need a human touch. They don't pay a lot per HIT, but, most are so easy and short it adds up quick, perfect for a stay at home mom.

I try to find jobs on the MTurk site that pay pretty low, but are fast, and have several HITS in the group. Then, I click "accept next hit automatically" and just go to town with it. I've made about 90% of my money that way so far. The thing I like the best is that you can choose to accept the job, or not, it's up to you. It's generally very enjoyable work, and you can stop and start as you wish. No boss, no schedule! Always a plus for a stay at home mom!

I think the MTurk job is going to add up to a nice little amount of extra money each month. I don't think I'll be able to become a stay at home mom just yet, but the extra money will come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment