Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm baaack!

Yay, I'm back! For months I had a rather nasty virus on my computer that was redirecting search engine results, some news pages, and most importantly blogger.com. No matter what I did myself, I could not fight it or stop the redirects. I was not able to log into my blog at all!

All my anti-malware software was pretty well useless. If it would open, it wouldn't update or it would scan clean. Others would not open at all, and when I tried to download them again my computer would not connect to their pages. I was at my wit's end!

So, I took the plunge and posted asking for help on Bleeping Computer and was quickly helped by Gringo. It didn't take long and my computer had all malware removed and running the way it should, yay! I highly recommend Bleeping Computer for computer help, the forums are very helpful and you'll find tons of information on fighting spyware, malware, and viruses or trojans. Mine was a nasty rootkit infection that seems to be going around. Hopefully I'll be back online more often and back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment